The Service portal module is a service request management solution that allows you to quickly and easily create requests on objects, for example, when a worker detects an error, a faulty setup, or a need for inspection on a machine / work center. This module is intended for shop floor workers who operate machines or other types of equipment, which regularly require maintenance or service. The Service portal ensures that a worker can quickly report faults and errors in your production facility. A maintenance manager or maintenance clerk decides what needs to be done to follow up on the request. The Service portal overview screen shows a list of all objects for which requests have been created.
If you want to know more about Service Portal in Mobile EAM, watch a short video below.
How to create a Service Request
1. In the Service portal module, select the Add request button.
When you create a new request, you may be asked if you want to
Select Allow to allow geographic location data to be logged. These data are transferred to a related work order, if the request is converted to a work order.
2. In the tree view, select the object for which you want to create a request.
a. Select functional locations to find the location of the object.
b. Select the object.
3. In the Started by field, insert the name of the worker creating the
4. Select a Request type.
5. Select a Priority.
6. You can insert further information in the Description field.
7. You can insert additional notes in the Notes field.
8. If the request requires a production stop, select the date and time for
the production stop in the Production stop fields.
9. Select the check mark button to save the request.
Want to improve your Corrective Maintenance Operations and minimize Downtime? Download Fact Sheet to learn more:
Researching on Mobile EAM functionality? You can find more information about Maintenance Planning, Work Order management and more features here.